John J Walsh Insurance Agency

87 Margin Street, Salem, MA 01970  

 Complete Insurance Programs


Renters' Insurance in Rockport & Salem, MA

If you are a renter, then typically your landlordís insurance will not cover damages to your property or persons. Renterís insurance, also called apartment insurance, covers you and your family, as well as your property, from damages. Typical damage types covered by renterís insurance include theft, vandalism, fire, smoke damage, and water damage (however, flooding is not covered). Renterís insurance can also cover expenses related to these damages, like the cost of a hotel for the duration of repairs, and increased food costs.

John J Walsh Insurance Agency can customize renterís insurance policies to fit your specific needs and circumstances, with competitive rates and deductibles. To learn more, call us today and speak with an agent: in Salem at 978-745-3300, or in Rockport at 978-546-6734. Or you can request information online.

Other Coverage

Renterís insurance provides robust coverage, but it is not a one-stop solution for all of your coverage needs. Consider pairing our renter's insurance policies with flooding and umbrella insurance coverage. Flooding, while infrequent, is an especially devastating event and so has its own coverage. A flood, once begun, is unstoppable (unlike a fire), and nearly guarantees a complete loss of affected property. Umbrella insurance provides protection over and above what your renterís insurance policy may offer, in case of loss or damage that exceeds your policyís coverage. The right balance of renterís insurance and umbrella insurance can provide you the best coverage at the most affordable rate.